You've installed Drift, and have been using it for a while, but you'd like to see things grow a bit more with your revenue. We've assembled a few tips and tricks here for you to reference to accelerate your revenue with little to no hassle!
In this article, we'll provide you some tips on following:
- Updating Targeting Conditions
- Updating your Hooks for a Better Engagement Score
- Optimizing Conversations
- Launching Some New Playbooks
- The Conversational Marketing Blueprint
Updating Targeting Conditions
Your targeting conditions dictate who sees your playbook when they come onto your site. Too many targeting conditions leaves a smaller audience. Too few targeting conditions may be too broad depending on your audience. To update you targeting conditions, you'll want to go to Playbooks > select your bot > Targeting.
From here, you'll be able to adjust who can view your bot. Want more info on what these targeting options are? Check out our help doc here.
Updating your Hooks for a Better Engagement Score
The hooks of your bot are like the catchy parts of your favorite song. When you hear the hook you can't help but sing along. The same goes for interacting with a Bot. The key is to add value for your customers so they know what you can help them do. Try making an edit and tracking how your customers engage with it. Check out some great hooks below for your bots.
For Homepage Playbooks
- -Hey there [wave] Looking into [solution name]? I can help!
- -Hey there [wave] Want to know something interesting?
- -Hey there [wave] Any questions about our service? I can have a teammate jump in on chat right now!
For Retargeting Playbooks
- -Back again? I think I can help you!
- -Welcome back! Still trying to figure out if we're a good match? We are too! Maybe we could get to know each other better?
- -Hey there [wave] Welcome back! Are you ready to get started with [solution name]?
For Skip the Form Playbooks
- -Psst... Want to skip the form? I can help with that!
- -Skip the form! I have a human right here with me.
- -Let’s take the fast lane and skip the form! Want to talk to someone now?
For Pricing Page Playbooks
- -Hey there [wave] Have any questions about our plans or pricing?
- -You’re back! [wave] Glad to see you’re checking out our plans. Need help finding the right plan for [company name]?
- -Back to check out pricing? Things must be getting serious... Want to chat through this with a teammate?
You want to optimize your conversations as much as possible. Doing this with a Bot can certainly feel overwhelming, especially if it's your first time building a bot. You want to get the right people in the right hands. Here's a few tips from our team on how to Optimize your bot flow for more success.
Below, you'll see some common issues we've seen with builds that you'll want to avoid.
- -there is no ‘yes path.’
- -The bot flow is too long.
- -You need a more robust playbook. Focus in on what is important to your customers and how you can use the bot to Nurture as well as qualify your customers.
- -needs more conversational content. Right now, your bot feels like a form.
- - It’s taking too long to get visitors to the point where you route someone in. You want to route them in earlier and get them chatting with a person ASAP.
It's also important to make sure your bots are routing conversations the right way.
For more info on how you can route conversations, check out this doc here and if you'd like to see how your conversations have been routed, you can always check out the Routing Audit Log and keep in mind you also have a Bot Skill to Route Conversations.
Launching More Playbooks
We consistently see that accounts with 3+ playbooks are more successful with engagement. Having more playbooks creates the opportunity for more personalized experiences. With more personalized experiences, we are able to catch more site visitor's attention and improve engagement. Why not try some of the suggested playbooks below.
- Homepage. It is important to have a solid homepage bot that you can use as a ‘catch-all’ for any page or situation that doesn't have a more specific bot implemented. This is a general bot that is applicable to all site visitors and is use to educate/nurture as well as qualify!
- Pricing Page. A high intent bot that streamlines the site visitors to our goals. With the understanding that these site visitors are high intent, we want to get them to human interaction as soon as possible. We still want the bot to qualify these possible leads before hitting your goals, but don't need to spend a lot of time nurturing.
- Skip the Form. One of our most successful bots. This is a bot that lives on any page where you have a form present. The purpose isn’t to take traffic away from your forms, but instead to try and grab the attention of the site visitors who navigate to this page and away without touching that form.
- Paid Traffic Converter
- Blog Traffic
The Conversational Marketing Blueprint
Conversational marketing creates instant and personalized engagement with customers and buyers. It accelerates business revenue by removing friction from the customer experience. Build conversational experiences and design conversations that accelerate your business’s revenue and make buying more enjoyable. There's a lot that goes into a good Conversational Marketing Blueprint, to find out more about this, check out our guide here.