We have some powerful new capabilities in Drift that leverage Salesforce Account data. Syncing in your SFDC Account Data makes it possible for Drift to leverage all the account data you’ve stored and curated in your Salesforce instance.
Once account sync is setup, you will be able to:
- Get ABM alerts when target accounts are on site
- Setup ABM playbooks for target accounts
- Leverage SFDC Account Data for defining routing rules
- See how your site visitors broken down by SFDC account attribute values in Audiences
- Set up account list(s) to sync in Salesforce
- Map your Salesforce Account attributes to Drift
- (Optional): Map Salesforce users to Drift users
- Sync account list(s) into Drift
1. Set up account list(s) to sync in Salesforce
Head to your Accounts tab in Salesforce, and edit your view.
Edit your Accounts View name with the following criteria:
The criteria you need to include in your list is: Account Name, Domain, Account Owner.
If you do not include the information above, the sync will not be successful.
2. Map your Salesforce Account attributes to Drift
- Define attributes on the Drift Account object
- Go to the Visitors tab > All Accounts
- Create a dummy account
- Click on the dummy account you just created
- Click “Create Property”
- Choose the property type
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as necessary
For more information on Salesforce Account Field types please see this salesforce document
- Setup your Account attribute mappings
- Name, domain, and owner are required
- Only Salesforce account properties compatible with the type of the Drift account property will be shown in the dropdown
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce
- Click on “Mapped Salesforce Attributes”
- Click on the “Account Properties” tab
- Choose which Salesforce account property you want to use to populate each Drift account property
- Note: if you want to have different owners based on stage, or some other attribute, see this workaround: https://gethelp.drift.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057057414
(Optional): Map Salesforce users to Drift users
Drift will attempt to map users in Drift to users in Salesforce based on their email address. If your users don’t use the same email address in Drift and Salesforce, or if you want to purposely map Salesforce users to a different Drift user, you can manually map your Drift users to their corresponding users in Salesforce. Go to Settings > Integrations > Salesforce > Mapped Salesforce Users. For an overview on that, check out the “Mapping Users” section in this doc.
Sync account list(s) into Drift
To do this, you'll want to go to Visitors > All Accounts > Sync from Salesforce
You can also manually add Accounts by, importing from a CSV. For info on how to do this, see our doc on importing via a CSV doc here.
When you click Sync from Salesforce, you're brought to the Salesforce Sync Settings.
Here, you can choose to Force Update All Accounts or add a specific Account List.
When you add a list, a window pops up where you can find the correct list in Sales
You can check that box to make them a targeted ABM account. This will ensure that they are delivered the ABM Playbook and Reps can get notifications when these Accounts land on your site!
Keep in mind: The SFDC Account Owner sync happens once daily, so if you change any user mappings (for Salesforce to Drift users), it may not reflect until the next day.