Drift Email can help you create new contacts from the information in your email replies.
But what do you do once you get them?
"Start blasting them with email nurtures" is not the right answer. They might not yet be familiar with your business, plus it's probably not compliance-friendly.
This is a creative way to use Drift Email info to automatically send an opt-in or soft intro template to the new leads you mine from your email replies.
Disclaimer: this is not official compliance advice. Always check with your company on storing contacts and compliance with GDPR, CCPA, and other policies!
Steps we’ll cover:
- Mapping Sender information on your mined contacts. This will help you personalize your template by identifying the person that “referred” you this new lead.
- An example of the email template you can build out
Step 1: Map Sender info from your mined contacts.
Sender information is important because it pertains to the person that sent the reply where we are mining for contact info.
Let’s say I’m going on vacation, and I set up an Out of Office email that looks like this:
Hi there, I’m unavailable from Monday to Friday this week. While I’m gone, please contact Katie Ferris, email@example.com.
In this case, Katie is the mined contact, and I am the sender.
This means, if we were creating Katie as a mined contact, we could pass over information such as:
- Sender email address (in this example, my email address)
- Sender name (my name)
We could also copy fields from my contact record to help enrich Katie’s info, like this:
- Company name (in this example, it would take whatever my Company Name field value is, and apply it to Katie)
- Postal Code
Here’s a real example of how a Drift Email customer has set up their Create Mined Contacts skill.
Steps this customer has taken:
- Created custom fields to hold Sender information (like “Contact Referral Name” and “Contact Referral Email”
- Copied information over from the Sender’s contact record to the new mined contact (like Company, Territory, Postal Code)
We can now use all this info together to create our opt-in template.
Step 2: Build your opt-in email
Here’s an example of how you might use this information. The highlighted portions reference info pulled from different sources:
Blue: Tokens from Drift Email fields
Green: Free space/write your own
Red: Tokens from your marketing platform
Your email might look something like this:
Hi [First Name],
[Sender First Name] [Sender Last Name] has listed you as the best person to reach out to regarding [info/offering from your company]. Is there someone else at [Company Name] we should speak with?
Let me know. Thanks for your time,
You can use your marketing platform to send this however you like! We recommend sending it from the contact’s account owner whenever possible, for a personal touch.
Now, go make sure you have your Route skills set up to catch all the responses to your opt-in!