If you find that you are having trouble with getting your events to send to Google Analytics from Drift, try these steps!
Please note: It can take up to 24 hours for Drift events to be captured in Google Analytics. If it has been less than 24 hours, we recommend checking back after 24 hours has passed. Also please note that events from embedded conversational landing pages will not be sent over to Google Analytics.
Check your Google Analytics settings within Drift:
- Confirm the Tracking ID we’re sending the events to. If it does not match the tracking number that is shown within your Integration settings, that can lead to lost events! (please note - You can only connect to one Tracking ID at a time.
- Check which events you are sending in your Google Analytics Integration settings. If you are only sending specified events, make sure that the ones you are missing are checked off.
- Are you trying to send events with a live chat playbook? Unfortunately Google Analytics will only capture events for bot playbooks. It will not capture events for live chat playbooks.
Try using the Google Analytics Debugger
- The GA debugger is a super useful tool from Google that is vital to troubleshooting events sends. You can download it here: (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna?hl=en)
- Once installed, - just look for the icon in your extensions and flip it on when you want to troubleshoot.
- Go to your site and open your dev console (Cmd + Option + J) on a Mac, and (Ctrl + Shift + J) on Windows. As long as the debugger is turned "on" you should see which events Drift is sending to Google in your Dev console.
- Run through a chat on that site page, with the debugger on and the console open. Look for any red error messages that pertain to Google Analytics. Most of the time, the debugger will tell you exactly what's causing the issue and how to fix it.
- If you still have questions - reach out to the support (firstname.lastname@example.org) team!