To install Drift on your WordPress account, you will need to be on the WordPress Business Plan. Also note, while the steps in this article have been tested with version 5.2.2 of Wordpress, the preferred method of installing Drift into Wordpress is still via JS in the Wordpress header. For further info on installing via JS, check out our help doc here. For further assistance with Wordpress, you may also wish to refer to the Wordpress help site here.
New to Drift?
If you’re new to Drift and don’t already have an account follow these steps:
- Visit the Drift homepage and enter your email address to signup for an account.
- Visit your WordPress site and login into your Admin section. E.g. http://yoursitehere/wp-admin/
- Follow the instructions below to get setup.
Already have a Drift account?
1. Login to your WordPress Admin section, select the Add New screen under Plugins and search for Drift. (E.g. http://yoursitehere/wp-admin/)
2. Select the Drift WordPress plugin and click Install.
3. After installation find the Drift WordPress Plugin and click the Activate link.
4. Find the Drift plugin at the top of the screen, and it should show you the following:
5. You'll then want to paste the Drift widget code into the snippet section and save changes. You can find that code here under the Wordpress Install section.
7. To allow Drift to recognize your logged in users, check 'Drift Identify'. What this does is enable the email addresses of people who are logging into your WordPress site to automatically pass into Drift.
8) You’re done! Congratulations!!! 🎉🎉🎉
Keep in mind that if you’re using a caching plugin in WordPress, it may take a few hours for the Drift widget to show up on your site. If it isn’t showing up, try clearing your cache and that should get it live. Let us know if we can help out!
Remove Drift from WordPress
There are two big steps to properly remove Drift from a WordPress site:
Not using Drift yet? Get your free account here.