Why isn't my Playbook showing on my site?
Great question! Let's go over the best ways to make sure your Playbook behaves as intended.
Let's take it step by step, starting with the basics.
1. Is Drift installed on your website properly? You can check these guides to make sure Drift is properly installed.
2. For Playbooks you've built previously, is your Playbook toggled on? From the Playbooks view, make sure you toggle your desired playbook to on.
3. Does your playbook have Priority? From the Playbooks view, make sure you set your desired playbook to have proper priority. Playbooks with the same targeting conditions will fire in order of priority.
4. Lastly, if you've just built a Bot Playbook, did you publish the Playbook? Once you've made your changes, make sure to publish it in the Visual Builder, by hitting the green "Publish" button and toggling the "Status" button!
Cool! We've covered the first steps in making sure your Playbook is good to go. Let's move into more advanced territory.
Now let's look at some of the likely culprits that could be preventing your Playbook from showing.
First things first. Did you set your Online Hours by setting Drift Widget Online / Offline Status to Automatic?
With those set up, you can now use Drift Online as a display condition for your playbooks so you can have different playbooks fire during your working hours and your offline hours.
The Display Condition will either be True or False. True means Drift is considered online by your working hours. False means Drift is considered offline as you’re off hours.
URL Targeting Common Issues
- AND vs OR: If you have two "URL is" conditions with the parameter AND between them, Drift will look for a website that is both URLs at once. That’s impossible!
Make sure to use OR to get a successful URL display condition for multiple pages.
- Seconds on Page Less than X: While it may be tempting to use "Seconds On Page Less Than X" to get that playbook firing quickly, it will only show the playbook for X amount of seconds before it shuts off!
Lastly, check the Advanced Settings of the Playbook. Drift by default will be set to display until a visitor interacts, once per session (every 30 minutes).
Did you click your widget while testing? It’s possible Drift is waiting to show up again based on these conditions. (That’s why it’s always good to test in an Incognito window)
Have you looked at these settings? Still not seeing your Playbook?
Feel free to reach out to your friendly neighborhood Customer Advocate team with questions and we’d be happy to look into the issue for you.