Drift Intel enables marketers to turn anonymous website visitors into qualified leads for their sales teams in real-time, eliminating the friction that comes with filling out forms.
Drift Intel offers an enhanced Live View, Conversation View, and Playbook and ABM Targeting to help give sales and marketing teams everything they need to deliver a world-class experience to every site visitor.
In this doc, we'll cover
- where you'll see information powered by Drift Intel
- how to leverage info from Drift Intel for your Playbooks
- targeting and personalization with Intel
- what attributes you'll be able to leverage
Seeing Intel in Action
Within the Live View, Drift Intel shows you real-time info you used to have to ask visitors to give you themselves.
You'll see information like Company Name, Industry, Employee Count, Revenue, Location, and more in the Live View!
- Live View is on the lefthand navigation bar.
- Company Name will appear within the Company column (if the company has been identified)
To see additional company and visitor information, click on the contact you see.
Select a site visitor to view more Company Information or to chat them directly!
For more information on the Live View, read our doc here.
We built Drift Intel to give you company information while you are having conversations with your potential customers.
While you may not have that person's email or name, the Company tab should populate with detailed information gathered from data providers, such as employee count, company name, estimated revenue, vertical, and more.
The Person tab will contain information you gather throughout the conversation like email address. You can also mark this person with CQL scores, and more.
How to Leverage Intel for Playbook Targeting
You can ensure that every visitor gets the kind of personal touch most B2B websites are missing.
With Drift Intel, Bot and other chat playbooks have a robust list of firmographic targeting conditions.
- When you create a bot Playbook, find the Audience section.
- Click on Visitors who... under 'Who should see this bot?' and Add a Condition
- The data provider (in this case, Clearbit) options are under Drift Intel in the drop down.
Here's an example.
Combing Intel Information with Your ABM Strategy
We all know the power of account based marketing. With Drift, when a VIP lead lands on your site your sales team can instantly reach out with a personalized message, directly from the account owner.
Drift Intel allows you to further customize these playbooks by offering firmographic targeting conditions.
- Upload a CSV of your accounts or Sync them from Salesforce in the Accounts section
- Then, go to the Playbooks section and create a Chat Playbook
- In the playbook selector, the ABM Welcome Message is under Pop Over Playbooks
- Within the editor, under Targeting select Display - 1 Conditions and then Add a Condition
- Drift Intel (in this case supplied by Clearbit) options are under Firmographics
Here's a clip of creating the ABM playbook with Drift Intel all at once!
We talk a lot about personalization and rolling out the red carpet, here's how.
These "Personalization" tags in the Pop Over, Bot, and Email Playbook's editor provides a quick and convenient way to tailor your message to the user it's addressing.
When building a playbook, edit your question, greeting, or email body and click the Personalization tag:
This will bring up a drop down of all your contact and Drift Intel attributes.
Once you select one, you can customize a default text to use if the information isn't available.
Here's what it looks like!
If you're technical and want to look into this a little bit more, here's the GitHub library we use for these tags.
Available Attributes for Your Use
- Company employees - Number of employees in a company
- Company name - Name of company
- Company domain - Company domain associated with person's employer
- Company revenue - Annual revenue for a company (public companies only)
- Company country - Country of company headquarters
- Company state - State of company headquarters