Drift Intel is available on our Premium, Advanced and Enterprise Plans.
Drift Intel enables marketers to turn anonymous website visitors into qualified leads for their sales teams in real-time, eliminating the friction that comes with filling out forms. To further understand where Drift Intel gains it's intelligence, check out our help doc here.
Drift Intel offers an enhanced Live View, Conversation View, and Playbook and ABM Targeting to help give sales and marketing teams everything they need to deliver a world-class experience to every site visitor.
In this doc, we'll cover
- where you'll see information powered by Drift Intel
- how to leverage info from Drift Intel for your Playbooks
- targeting and personalization with Intel
- what attributes you'll be able to leverage
- how Drift Intel works when everyone is working from home
- manually adding information to a contact
Seeing Intel in Action
Drift Intel has been built to give you company information while you are having conversations with your potential customers.
While you may not have that person's email or name, Drift Inteil will populate the Company tab under Details. From here, you'll see detailed information gathered from data providers, some examples of what you may see is:
- employee count
- company name
- estimated revenue
- website URL
The About tab will contain information you gather throughout the conversation, exampled of intel gathered would be:
- email addresses
- lead stages
You can also mark this person with CQL scores, and you can click "View full profile" to see more detailed info about who you're chatting with. (You can also access account info by going to Visitors > All Contacts and then searching for your contact)
How to Leverage Intel for Playbook Targeting
You can ensure that every visitor gets the kind of personal touch most B2B websites are missing.
With Drift Intel, Bot and chat playbooks have a robust list of firmographic targeting conditions. To utilize these:
- Create a bot Playbook, find the Targeting section.
- Click on Visitors who... under 'Who should see this bot?' and Add a Condition
- Select your targeting condition from the data provider. Options are under Drift Intel in the drop down.
Combing Intel Information with Your ABM Strategy
With Drift, when a VIP lead lands on your site your sales team can instantly reach out with a personalized message, directly from the account owner.
Drift Intel allows you to further customize these playbooks by offering firmographic targeting conditions.
- Upload a CSV of your accounts or Sync them from Salesforce in the Accounts section
- Then, go to the Playbooks section and create a Chat Playbook
- In the playbook selector, select the ABM Welcome Message
- Within the editor, under Targeting select Display with Targeting and then Add a Condition
- Drift Intel (in this case supplied by Clearbit) options are under Firmographics
"Personalization" tags can be used in the Playbook's editors to provide a quick and convenient way to tailor your message to the user it's addressing.
When building a playbook:
- Go to the Bot Flow tab
- Select your node
- Click the personalization icon
This will bring up a drop down of all your contact and Drift Intel attributes.
Once you select one, you can customize a default text to use if the information isn't available.
Here's what it looks like!
How does Drift Intel work when everyone is working from home?
Drift Intel still works even if everyone is working from home. This happens by utilizing reverse IP addresses. Over time, reverse IP providers (ClearBit, 6sense, etc.) views the IP's of individuals and recognizes when email addresses are logged in to certain websites. As the Reverse IP providers trend the data, they learn what IP addresses frequently associate themselves with consistent domain log-ins. This information passes through from the reverse IP provider into Drift Intel, ensuring that the information you see is up to and correctly matched.
Available Attributes for Your Use
- Company name - Name of company
- Company domain - Company domain associated with person's employer
- Company employees - Number of employees in a company
- Company revenue - Annual revenue for a company (public companies only)
- Company industry - What industry that company is in (manufacturing, travel, marketing)
- Company country - Country of company headquarters
- Company state - State of company headquarters
Manually adding information to a contact
While Drift Intel will populate a variety of information onto a contact field, there may be time in which you want to add additional info to your contact that wasn't captured.
To add information to a contact:
- Select visitors from the menu bar
- Click on All Contacts
- Select the contact you'd like to update. (You can also search for your contact using the search bar)
- Click on any field you'd like to update and enter the info