An active contacts is:
- A person who has visited your site and given you their email
- You have updated their information sometime in the past 90 days.
- --An update could happen through a chat conversation
- --A CSV upload
- --An integration
- --You manually updating something in their Drift contact record.
What Constitutes as an Update to a Contact?
An update to a contact can be from many things:
- You mapped an attribute to them in Salesforce, Hubspot, or Marketo that was picked up from a Playbook
- You manually update a contact record based on information you've gathered in a conversation.
- That user books a meeting with a member of your team
- That user comes onto your site, or logs into your app. If they go to a webpage where Drift is installed, we will update the contact property "last_active" .
If a visitor comes to your Drift chat and does not give you their email, they will not count towards your contact count.