If there is a certain attribute you want to add to your contact records in Drift that you are hoping to use in Playbooks or for your other workflows, you can create custom attributes within Drift and add them to all your contact records.
Create a new attribute:
1. Go to Contacts > Settings and click the blue button that says Create new attribute.
2. Choose what type of attribute you'd like to create.
3. Name your custom attribute, Click Save, and you're done!
You can see all your custom attributes in the Custom tab within the Contact Settings page
Map Attributes in a CSV Upload
When Uploading a CSV, you will be able to map any Columns in your CSV to specific Drift Attributes.
Any column or Drift Attribute can be manually changed.
- If you have a column that you do not wish to map to a drift attribute, simply do not select an attribute to map to and we won't map that column into Drift.
- Attributes can be edited through the drop down menu under the title Drift Attributes.
Reordering Attributes in the Contact Sidebar
Not only do you have total control of which attributes you choose to show in the contact sidebar within the conversations view, but you can also rearrange the order of the attributes displayed.
To do so, head to Contacts > Settings or click here! Click and hold the three horizontal bars next to any of the attributes on the right side and drag them to your desired location. Click Save Changes and you're done!
Map Attributes In Playbooks
Attribute mapping allows for the information that you collect from your LeadBots to be added to your contacts - making it easier for you to see qualifying information about your leads right from the conversation or contact view in your Drift account.
These attributes can sync to Salesforce or you can use it to send targeted messages to people when they come back to your site.
- First, create a new contact attribute to map, unless you already have one in mind.
- In order to catch typed answers, make sure you have a keyword group!
- Button responses will still be mapped, if you are using Buttons Only, disregard this.
- Click Advanced Settings under the question you want to map it for.