Book more meetings by driving your most engaged prospects into a personalized conversation from Outreach.
Until now, it hasn’t really been possible to meet them where they are and continue that conversation naturally. Drift's Outreach Integration will help combat this, leading to more leads and more sales!
In this doc, we'll cover
- connecting the integration
- using the Outbound Playbook
- enrolling contacts into Outreach sequences from Drift
- things to note
Setting up the Integration
Before you begin, make sure you are both a Drift Admin and an Outreach Admin. Then, head to Settings > App Settings > Integrations > Outreach, or, click here.
Click Connect Outreach and then sign in with your Outreach credentials! You'll see authorization modals from both Drift and Outreach confirming the integration.
Once that's connected, you can start using Outreach in your Drift workflow!
Utilizing the Outbound Welcome Message Playbook
When a prospect lands on the page they, you can set an outbound message for them to receive that's personalized to them! From the Playbooks page, you'll see the Outbound Welcome Playbook.
Customize your message, audience, and frequency. Under Display, you'll see that this will display to people who've clicked a link to your website from an Outbound Sequence, or an email sent with the Drift Chrome Extension. Add any additional conditions you'd like!
Using Outreach and Drift:
Drive Real-Time Conversations With All Of Your Outreach Sequences
When a prospect clicks any link to your website in your Outreach sequence, they’ll be greeted with a personalized message from their sales rep. If that rep isn’t around, no problem—a bot can jump in and book a meeting for them!
Automatically Follow Up With Prospects You Chat With In Drift
If a Drift teammate who has an Outreach seat is chatting with a prospect in Drift, they can immediately enroll them in an Outreach sequence. That way, they'll never forget to follow up.
This can be done in the Contact Details.
Get Insights You Need To Close Deals Faster
If one of your Outreach contacts books a meeting or has a conversation in Drift, we'll populate that prospect's activity within Outreach.
We'll specifically show "New Conversation" events in the Outreach prospect's activity feed along with each message in that conversation as lines in the feed.
Once you've connected to Outreach in Drift, you can elect to receive a notification when a contact you've emailed through Outreach lands on your site after clicking a link in one of your emails. You can toggle this setting on here. The browser setting will look like this!
The browser notification will look like this!
Clicking on it will bring you directly into the app where you can send a personalized message if you'd like!
Important Things to Note
- In order for teammates to use Outreach sequences, they must have a seat in Drift and a seat in Outreach. Otherwise, they'll only be able to use Drift email sequences.
- To enroll visitors in an Outreach sequence, your email address in Drift must be the same email address you have associated with your Outreach mailbox.
- If you enroll a Drift contact in an Outreach sequence, and they don't exist in Outreach, Drift will create a new prospect in Outreach with any enriched data from Drift ONLY if you are trying to enroll the contact in an Outreach Sequence.
- If you have Drift connected to Salesforce and Outreach connected to Salesforce, contact records will not duplicate. Drift and Outreach will add to the existing contact.
- We will only create a contact in Drift from an Outreach Sequence, if the contact clicks on the link in the sequence that leads back to a website with Drift installed on it.
- You can customize your team’s Outreach Triggers to automatically take an action based on a Drift event. For example, when a new Drift conversation is started from a sequence, you can create an action to automatically unenroll that prospect. These do not show in Drift.
- Once Outreach and Drift are successfully connected all users who have a Drift seat and an Outreach seat will have access to the integration. However, in order to enroll Drift leads into an Outreach sequence, they will need to login to Outreach within Drift. Additionally, your Drift users will need to opt-in to receive Drift notifications when a prospect from an Outreach sequence clicks a link (from the email) and hits the website. Because these features require a Drift user to take actions within Drift, you could specifically instruct a subset of users to do so to facilitate a test. Note, all Drift users will have access to the features described above once the integration is connected.