Within the classic builder, you have the ability to add actions in-line throughout your bot flows, which will allow you to classify or qualify leads during the conversation instead of at the end of the conversation when they hit a goal.
In this doc, we'll cover
- adding an in-line action
- available actions
- how this functions in the new builder
In-line actions and Bot Playbooks are features of our Pro plan and above.
Adding In-line Actions in the Classic Builder
When you create your Playbook, you can hover over any of the lines associated with a button or keyword response and click the '+' button.
This will bring up a sidebar that will allow you to trigger any of the actions below:
- Mark as CQL - allows you to qualify or disqualify leads by marking your best leads as CQLs (⚡⚡️⚡️)
Keep in mind: The bot will not lower CQLs once they have been already applied to a contact. This way, if a prospect goes through an old playbook, their CQL status will not be erroneously altered.
- Set Lead Stage - allows you to tag the prospect with a lead stage for conversations and re-targeting
- Apply Contact Attribute - allows you to map specific button or keyword responses to attributes. Additionally, gives you the ability to set a value to each response (e.g. map the button response "yes" as "true" into the Drift attribute)
- Tag Conversation - allows you to create a new conversation tag or tag the contact as they go through the flow
Once you select what actions you want to add, the playbook will autosave. To view what actions you have added in line for various responses, you can hover over the number that displays on the line.
In-line Functionality in the New Builder
If you're using the new builder, in-line actions are found directly within the response nodes for Questions or Skills!
Simply click the node and apply the actions you'd like! The same options are available.