Looking for a way to easily answer your customers' questions on Shopify? Whether they have a quick question about pricing or need help making a purchase, Drift enables you to give fast, valuable answers to their every need.
In this doc, we'll cover
- connecting Drift to your Shopify store
- possible errors and how to correct them
Sign up for Drift for free at app.drift.com/letsgo/setup/start
Okay, but how do I start?
2. Next, click the copy button to copy the code that is displayed.
3. Login to your Shopify Account and click into your Theme under "Sales Channels".
4. Once you've clicked into your Theme, click on your Live Theme and use the dropdown menu to Edit the Code
5. Click the "theme.liquid" option on the top of your page and add your Drift snippet right under the <head> tag in the code
Seeing Possible Errors
8. Once you've added the snippet into the <head> section, go to Drift and double check to ensure that your widget is turned on. Then hop over to your Shopify site and see if the Chat Widget Icon is visible. The Chat Widget looks like this (or something similar if you have customized it in your settings):
Will Drift affect page load times?
Actually, no! Your site will load just as fast as it does without Drift installed. Drift is loaded asynchronously, which means it won't slow down your page or prevent users from interacting with your site. It actually lets the rest of the site load first before Drift loads itself. Drift also uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to ensure that Drift appears as efficiently as possible, no matter where in the world your users are coming from!