When a customer chats in through Drift, you may not always be around to respond. Luckily, you can configure Drift Bot to help by going to App Settings > Drift Bot > Team Availability. This is a feature that complements the live chat & routing features and does not apply to Teams. Bots are available on our Pro plans and up.
Team Availability Note:
Your Team Availability Message won't send until the end of the bot flow. Nor will it fire when you are testing your playbook.
Here's what you can configure:
1. When Drift Bot can help:
- An agent is routed into a conversation = routed conversations
- An end user sends a message (and no one has been routed into the conversation recently) = all other conversations
Note: The "Routed Conversations" message will kick in only if the conversation was routed to a single user. On the other hand, the "All Other Conversations" message will fire when Drift attempts to route a a member of your team (through round-robin) and cannot match a user. Because of this, it's important to turn on both settings so that you don't have any conversations slide through the cracks!
2. How long do you want Drift Bot to wait before helping?
- 30 seconds
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
3. How can your Drift Bot help?
- Drop Calendar of agent routed
- Route to a different agent
- Leave an away message
4. Leave an away message for your site visitor
- Example: "Just jumping in here -- looks like [agent] isn't available right now. You can schedule some time to chat with them here, or just leave a message and I'll make sure they get it"
How to set it up
1. Go to Settings > Bot to find all your bot settings.
2. Click on Team Availability
3. Set up your bot!