When you are using Drift to onboard your customers, send out your company newsletter, or qualify your leads, being able to reach out to users inside AND outside your app is important.
Nurturing your leads through email is still important for sales and marketing teams, so being able to send out automated emails based on who your leads are and what they've done on your site can drive sales and upgrades. Now, this can be done using the Automated Email Playbooks!
Using CTA links in these emails, you can also drive more traffic to different pages of your site and engage your site visitors through chat as well!
Where Can I Find Playbooks?
In the Playbooks Tab!
From there, you can navigate to the Automated Email Playbooks: Market Drip Campaigns or Sales Email Sequences with Gmail:
Click the green Create Playbook for after selecting which type of email playbook you would like to create!
Automated Marketing Drip Campaign
Let’s take this step-by-step. Follow along the left navigation menu, starting from Compose Your Emails:
Compose Your Emails
The first thing you’re going to want to set up when you create your Playbook is the message that is shown to your users!
We pre-fill the fields to give you an example of a message you can send to your customers, but you can always personalize the message so that it's tailored to your company!
You might notice that there are the purple highlighted variables, which are Personalization Tokens, attributes you can customize to whoever is receiving the email campaign. For more information, see this help doc.
You might have also noticed the toggles before the first email and between each email included in the campaign which allow for delayed sending. You can customize the amount of time between each email send easily using these toggles:
Repeat editing the subject line and content copy, as well as the delay, for all of the emails in your campaign. Though by default we fill in 3 emails, you can always add more emails to your campaign with the Add Email button at the bottom of the Compose Your Emails page:
Other helpful notes on functionalities before moving on:
- Testing: Keep in mind, this will take into account the delay between email sends
- Formatting: Drift does not currently resize banners! Be mindful of the image size you select.
Preview Your Emails
You can preview your email in the next tab down, choose your theme, and make sure that your mock-up looks ok by sending yourself a test email!
Advanced Sending Options
Toggle these on and off:
- Smart Sending usually will not send the campaign immediately. Don't panic! We are calculating based on time zone and the time of day prospects usually open their emails.
- Avoid weekends and holidays is helpful if you know your potential customers dislike being contacted during the weekend.
- Unenroll contacts on reply removes people from drip campaigns once they are responsive because you don't want to seem annoying or unprofessional by being repetitive!
- Unenroll same domain contacts on reply will make it so that if firstname.lastname@example.org replies to a drip campaign, both he and email@example.com will be unenrolled from the rest of the sequence.
Here you can set your preference of which users will see your playbook. Clicking the ❌ will tell Drift which Segments not to send to, and clicking the ✅ will tell Drift which Segments to send the email to. For more on segments, check out this doc.
Turn the playbook on
As always, if you have any questions just chat with us!