When you are getting started with Drift, we want our software to match your brand and style as much as possible, which is why we give you lots of customization options. When you are setting up your chat widget for your own website, keep these features in mind:
Here’s everything you can customize about Drift (and more info on some):
- Turn on and edit your welcome message (more info)
- The default greeting which will show when no playbook is present and the widget itself is clicked on (more info)
- The language of the widget (here's a list of them)
- The colors of the widget (more info)
- The font/typeface (in-app)
- The style of the default icons (in-app)
- Your organization/company name (in-app)
- Automatic email follow-up (in-app)
- The message that asks people for their email address (in-app)
- The hours the widget displays as online (more info)
- Stop visitors from starting new conversation threads (in-app)
- Who sees chat based on widget conditions (more info)
Missing some of these features? You may have Version 1 of the widget. If your account is missing any of these features, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get this updated for you!
Now sure which Widget Version you have? Here's the easiest way to tell, go to Settings > Drift Widget and check the top of the screen.
If you see a circular design icon (seen below) on the Drift Widget icon visibility toggle, you have version 2.
If you see a square icon instead (as seen below), you have version 1.
Paid customization features:
- Remove the Drift branding (This is available on Premium Plans and above) (in-app).
Not using Drift yet? Get your free account here.