With Drift, your customers and prospects should feel like they're interacting with your brand. Both your widget and bot should reflect your brand's look and voice. Here's how to change their designs!
In this doc, we'll cover
- changing the design of your chat widget
- updating the avatar of your bot
Drift Insider Note:
Did you know we have a class on this topic over on Drift Insider? Check it out HERE
Controlling your widget colors is available on all plans. Adding a custom image for your widget is available on the Essential plan and above. Changing the avatar of your bot is available on the Premium plan and above.
Changing Your Widget Design
Head to Settings > Apps > Drift Widget > Design and Language, or click here!
You'll see options to choose the colors for the elements of your widget. If you click any of the colored squares, you'll be able to select from HEX, RBG, and HSL values!
Do not use white (#FFFFFF) as your Primary color or elements of your widget will become invisible.
Primary Color: The Primary Color refers to the color of widget, the outline of button responses, and button text.
Secondary Color: The Secondary Color controls the color of widget/Playbook text and the background fill color of button responses.
Send Button Color: This controls the color of the "Send Message" button.
Chat Text Color: This controls the color of the the text that visitors or prospect send.
Widget Background: This sets the color of the widget's background.
To better illustrate this, here's an (icky) example!
- Choose colors that are different enough so that they don’t blend together. Contrast is key!
- Avoid making your primary color White or a color that is close to that, as some elements will not look as nice.
- If your background color is dark, we recommend using white as Chat Text color because they will be more visible.
- You can also set your Drift Help colors! To do that head here!
- When setting up your Conversational Landing Page (CPL) you will also be able to choose colors specific to each landing page. For more on CLPs, check out this doc!
Changing your Bot Avatar
If you're using a bot for bot Playbooks, landing pages, etc, you can set its avatar to match up to your brand or use the default Driftbot design.
Head to your Bot settings by going to Setttings > App Settings > Bot, or by clicking here.
Click Edit and you'll be presented with a few options.
You'll be able to name your bot and you can select an image to use for your bot by clicking Custom.
Drag and drop a file or click in the blank space to upload.
We strongly recommend using a bot image and not an image of a human, as this may violate regulations. For more information on bot disclosures and best practices, click here!