Eloqua and Drift
Our native integration with Eloqua allows users to combine the power of the Drift Conversational Marketing Platform with the Eloqua Marketing Automation Platform in order to drive dynamic, personalized engagement.
This integration is available on all paid Drift plans, starting with Premium. Eloqua CDO support is only available on our Advanced and Enterprise plans. If you want to learn more about our Advanced and Enterprise Plans 🤔, head here!
- What the integration can do
- Integration setup
- Sync Settings and Configuration
What the Integration Can Do
The integration can send information from Drift to Eloqua, once a lead is qualified in Drift and the conversation is closed, the following will happen:
- A Contact record is created in Eloqua
- Any attributes specified in the mappings are sent over with the record
- You can also choose to have the chat transcript sent over as well
- Recognize your Eloqua contacts using the Eloqua Cookie
If there is already a contact in Eloqua associated with the email address captured by Drift, we'll update that record according to your configuration!
1. The Eloqua integration can be found in the Integrations Settings within the Drift platform.
- Settings > Integrations
- Search for Eloqua!
2. When you first click into the Eloqua integration, you'll see a "Connect" button.
3. You'll be asked to authorize certain permission for Eloqua to access information in Drift.
4. You'll be asked to sign in with the email and password associated with your Eloqua account.
5. After these steps, you're ready to start both configuring and taking advantage of the integration!
Sync Settings and Configuration
Once your Drift and Eloqua accounts are connected, all you need to do is setup the Sync Settings and map the contact attributes you want to send over to Eloqua!
Synced Eloqua Data
In this section, simply check the box to have records sent from Drift to Eloqua.
This is where you can choose to send the conversation transcript along with any records Drift creates or updates.
You can also specify which Drift records are sent to Eloqua, by setting a required minimum CQL score for the sync.
Drift can also read the Eloqua Cookie set and use it to identify your Eloqua Contacts when they chat in or engage with one of your Playbooks! Simply check the box "Identify Drift visitors with the Eloqua Cookie" to enable this.
When a lead gets identified by Drift and has an Eloqua cookie, we will create/update an Eloqua contact and associate it with the site visitor's cookie in Eloqua. This is essentially what happens when someone provides their email in an Eloqua form.
Automatically Setting a CQL Score and Closing the Conversation
You can set CQL Scores automatically within Goals and inline actions in the bot visual builder! You can set conversations to automatically close by configuring your Goals.
Manually Setting a CQL Score and Closing a Conversation
You can also manually set a CQL for any site visitor or contact by clicking the lightning bolts on the right side of the conversation view. Then click on the conversation status icon and change it to Closed.
Now that we're having Drift create the Lead records, let's make sure they come in with the right information!
Using Mapped Eloqua Attributes you can send the data that is gathered in Drift (either automatically or manually) directly into Eloqua, and make sure it is assigned to the right fields.
Simply identify the attribute in Drift and match it up with the attribute in Eloqua and make sure to select to ability to Allow Overwrite if you'd like to overwrite the field you have in Eloqua.
Mapped CDO Attributes
You can also sync what fields you want to configure to your Eloqua CDO and control how Drift writes data to Custom Data Objects.
You can map which fields you want to configure to your Eloqua CDO using the attribute pull downs.
Mapping the attributes is relatively intuitive, here are a few things to note:
- Match the correct type! String/Text values go to String/Text values, Dates go to Dates, etc.
- The Default Value column is the value Drift will send if the attribute is blank.
You can create new attributes on either side and these will show up in the dropdown selector.
Please note that you can only map one CDO to Drift!
Event Logs are a handy tool you can use to see any errors that may come up, or to ensure a successful sync. You can find the Eloqua Event Logs here, or on the main Eloqua Integration page in Drift.
Here you can see:
- When Drift successfully creates an Eloqua contact.
- When Drift successfully updates an Eloqua contact.
- What error message we receive from Eloqua if we failed to create or update a contact.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the transcript go when it's synced?
Did You Know?
You can view our training video about setting up Integrations our Drift Insider pages? Click HERE to learn more!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to chat in!