The Drift mobile app is free to download and is available on all Drift plans.
Drift Video is not supported on the Android app just yet - keep an eye out for when we launch that!
In this doc, we'll cover
- logging in/signing up through the mobile app
- using Drift Video in the mobile app
- starting conversations from a mobile notification
Gaining Access to the Mobile App
- Download our iOS app
- Open the app and either login to an existing Drift account or create a new one
Recording a Video on Mobile
- Navigate to the video camera icon.
- Grant the app permissions to use the camera and microphone (only if it is your first time recording a video)
- Click the red record button to start recording and click it again to stop recording.
Reviewing and Sharing your Videos
When you've finished your video recording, you'll automatically be brought to the video review screen, where you can change the title at the top, play our video, share the link or set the privacy settings for this video.
Changing the Title:
- Click the pencil and paper icon at the top right side of the screen
- Edit the title
- Click the blue checkmark.
Changing Privacy Settings
- Click the text under the Customer preview button.
- Choose either Only specific people with link can view or Anyone with link can view depending on which you would prefer.
When you're finished, tap Share and you'll be presented with a prompt to name and save your video. Give it a name then tap Save & Share.
You can then tap Share again to share via SMS/iMessage, social, etc!
Sharing a Video from the Library
From your library, click into any of the videos you see on screen and use the same Share button to send your videos along!
Starting Conversations from a Video on Mobile
Once you've shared your video with someone, the recipient will see a welcome message when viewing so that they can start a conversation, or you can send a message to them directly while they're watching!