Drift Video recording is supported through our Chrome extension and iOS mobile app. 📹
(Note: Video for Android is in the works - make sure to keep an eye out for this!)
Record High Quality Videos
The average quality for videos recorded on the Chrome extension are 720p - this is the standard high-def (HD) display resolution of 1280x720 pixels. Here are a few things you can check on your end to ensure you're making the best quality videos:
- Internet connection
- Monitor/screen resolution
- Quality of your webcam
- Chrome extension version (make sure to stay up to date for the best experience!)
VIDEO PRO TIP:
- Turn on notifications for your mobile app and check your notifications center ANYTIME to make sure you don't miss any opportunities!
- Keep track of your video viewer stats on your Video Share page 👀
What do I do if my extension videos are blurry?
- Record on "Application Window" or "Chrome Tab" when screen recording
- Adjust your monitor's resolution to match our 720p resolution
Why is my screen/audio lagging?
- Restart your device & make sure you're plugged into a power source 💻
- Reduce Chrome overhead and close all tabs/applications that you're not using for the video
- If you're recording your screen, select Application Window or Chrome Tab instead of Entire Screen.
My extension says "Chrome doesn't allow recording on this tab"
- Open a new tab and try to record on drift.com
- Restart Chrome (you can reload your tabs when you re-open Chrome!)
- Log out and log into your extension
Problem still persisting? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to create a ticket with us.
My "face screen" is acting strange!
- Try recording on another site like drift.com. 👇
Sites with custom CSS can cause strange behavior with the extension.
Still have questions? Chat in with our team or email email@example.com.
Learn more about Drift Video and create a free account here.