The holiday’s are great, everyone gets to take some time off to relax and reset, but your website doesn’t just shut down when you do.
Making sure that your Drift instance is set up for offline hours, especially during the holidays can help you continuously create better website experiences for your site visitors.
There are a few things that you can do when your team goes offline for the holidays to make sure you’re setting the right expectations for your future customers.
- Make sure to set your company’s hours accordingly. In your hours and targeting settings of your Widget, you can plan ahead by updating your automatic online/offline hours for the holidays.
- Set up any messages that send when a user is routed into a conversation. If you don’t want to update every single bot that you have with an offline message, or create an entirely new holiday hours bot, you can easily set up your Routing Fallback message to set the right expectations under Settings > Workspaces > Routing Fallbacks tab. (Only available on Premium and Above)
- You can configure your team availability settings by going to Settings > Workspaces > Team > Hours tab (only available on Premium and above)
- You can update the messages across all of your bots that set expectations upfront that your team is not available.
Here is some of the messaging we’ve used in the past:
Our Support Team is currently participating in a company all hands meeting to get us ready for the end of 2021! While we do have a few teammates online to help, response times might be slower than usual. Thanks for your patience and understanding 🙏
🦃Quick heads up: Our team is celebrating Thanksgiving in the United States on Thursday November 26 and Friday November 27. We will have limited help due to the National Holiday so response times may be longer than normal. We'll be back in action on Monday December 2! 🦃
Hi there 👋Thanks for chatting in! The Drift team is at Camp eating s'mores and building stronger bonds from Thursday, August 22 to Saturday, August 24 🔥🍫
We'll have a couple of people ready to help with support between 9am-5pm ET, but we'll be back in action on Monday! Thank you for your patience 🙏
Scheduling your playbooks to turn off:
You can also schedule to turn your playbooks off at a later date once your holiday season is over. To do this, simply click the Publishing Pull down in your playbooks, and select Turn Off Later
Chat Rep Instructions
Your chat reps can also take steps to ensure that they won't receive notifications or have meetings booked by bots without their knowledge while they are on PTO. To ensure the bot does not book meetings for you while you are out of office complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Meetings tab
- Click Availability
- Click Mark yourself as out of office and set the date and time you will be out of office until and whether or not the status should clear on its own. Be sure to click save!
Don't forget to pause your chat notifications too!
- Click your profile icon
- Click Custom and set how long you would like your notifications to be paused for