In the coming months, we’ll be making some changes to Drift’s email functionality. There are two changes that will occur in March 2020:
- You’ll no longer be able to send Sales Sequences through Drift
- You’ll still be able to send Triggered Emails and Drip Campaigns, but only through Drift Chatbots (that is, you won’t be able to send them to customer segments through the Email Playbooks page, but you can enroll someone in a Triggered Email or Drip Campaign through a skill in a chat playbook)
This won’t affect the ‘Abandoned Scheduling’ emails, email signatures, the automated emails that are sent when a visitor stops responding to chat, or the meeting confirmation and reminder emails that are sent via the Drift Assistant. You’ll also still be able to view existing email playbooks and their reporting data.
Why is this happening?
Unfortunately, adoption of these features has been lower than we’d like. As a result, we decided to remove them from the product so we could focus on building an even better way for you to communicate with customers and nurture leads via email.
What do I need to do?
Your experience won’t change until late March, but at that time you’ll need to use a different email provider to send sales email sequences or emails to segments of customers. We are happy to offer some recommendations if you like, and can help you connect the new provider to Drift.
We’re also putting the finishing touches on our brand new Email Bots — a new email experience that brings conversational marketing to the email channel, with an AI assistant that automates all that annoying manual work.
We’re already piloting this new experience with customers in our early access program, but we have limited spots available. If you’d like to learn more, just chat in to us!
If you’d rather switch to a different email provider, we have some recommendations:
- For Sales Sequences: We recommend Outreach — and it has a great integration with Drift! In fact, if you have Outreach integrated with Drift, you will still be able to enroll customers in Sales Sequences directly from Drift (the emails will be sent through Outreach). Aside from Outreach, other alternatives include SalesLoft, InsideSales, Yesware, and Hubspot.
- For Triggered Emails and Drip Campaigns: We recommend MailChimp, Hubspot, SendGrid, Marketo, or Pardot. (We have great integrations with Marketo and Pardot, as well!)
- We’re happy to help you connect your new provider to Drift; just let us know.
Any questions about how this will affect your team? Just chat in to us — we can help!