The goal of Drift is to help you have more conversations. Our hope is that those conversations drive people to speak to your team through meetings, Zoom calls, etc. Sometimes, when booking time with a prospect in a conversation, you may want to invite additional members of your team to the call. Rather than having to manually look at multiple calendars and finding open slots, have Drift do it for you!
Group Meetings are only available on our Premium plan and above.
With Group Meetings, you can now invite multiple Drift teammates to the meeting within the app, just as long as they have their calendars set up in Drift as well.
In this doc, we'll cover:
- Send a Drift Meeting with Multiple Teammates in Chat
- Dropping Default Group Meeting links
Send a Drift Meeting with Multiple Teammates in Chat
To do this, we need to create a new meeting type.
Start by going to your meetings tab: Settings>My settings>Meetings. Here
There you will click:
- “New Meeting Type”
- Then choose a name for this type of meeting (This is what your customer will see, so choose wisely!)
- Now fill out some other information:
- Length of Meeting (required)
- Meeting URL (required)
- Meeting location (example: zoom link)
- Additional description
- Under “Add Teammates” you have a drop down menu that you can pick from, or start typing the name for it to search it.
- Don’t forget to “Save”!
Here is what the full process will look like:
Now that you have created a group meeting type, let’s look at how to send it!
The first option is to “Copy link” which is listed next to the meeting you just created here
You can post this into conversation or emails so that your customers will be able to access it!
Dropping Default Group Meeting links
This is a quick way to drop a group meeting without adjusting length or adding other information. This is for when you are in chat, if you want to drop something quickly and have that visual of the calendar drop rather than just the link.
To do this, while in a chat, you click on the little calendar icon next to the text bar:
- Then choose “Share Group Calendar”.
- A menu will pop up with yourself as the host and a button to allow you to add other teammates.
- You will also have the option to change who the host of the meeting is by hovering over a teammates name and clicking the Host button that appears. (The meeting host determines whose meeting information is sent to the end user / prospect. These include things like location, notes, and confirmation/reminder settings.)
Here is what that would look like live: