Integrating Drift Email to Pardot enables you to push contacts to lists, update fields, and create new contacts in your Pardot account, based on the skills you customize in Drift.
Before you begin, you'll need to ensure you have an integration user ready that is mapped to Salesforce and has Salesforce login credentials. See page 7 of this Pardot user migration guide if you're unsure these steps have been taken.
Once you have your integration user, in Drift Email, navigate to Settings in the lower left, then Integrations. In the dropdown menu, select Pardot.
You'll then be asked for the following information:
- Email - the Salesforce integration user's email address
- Password - the Salesforce user's password
- Consumer Key and Consumer Secret - these are both from your Salesforce account for your Pardot connected app. To obtain them, in Salesforce go to Setup > Create > Apps > Connected Apps > Pardot > Consumer Key and Consumer Secret
- Business Unit ID - From Setup, enter "Pardot Account Setup" in the Quick Find box. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long. If you cannot access the Pardot Account Setup information, ask your Salesforce Administrator to provide you with the Pardot Business Unit ID.
- Security Token - the token for your Salesforce user. ⚠️ If you haven't noted this down, you'll need to regenerate the user's token. If you've already used this user's token for other applications, you'll need to replace it for those as well.
Updating your password in Pardot will cause your security token to expire. Please ensure you also update your security token when you update your password within Drift Email!
After entering these, you should see your Pardot integration appear in your Drift Email settings. To verify, click Test.
If the integration is successful, it will show up in green: