Installing Drift, but aren't sure what to expect? Regardless of how you install Drift on to your website, here's what happens after Drift is installed. The expected behavior is different for Free vs Paid plans, but all of the settings of where you can edit the Widget or Playbook messages can be found in the same spot within Drift.
This doc will cover:
On A Free Plan:
- The Drift Widget icon will be defaulted to ON. You can view this setting and turn it OFF manually by going to Settings > App Settings > Drift Widget, or click here. If you turn it OFF or back ON, make sure to "save" the change!
If your Drift Widget icon visibility is off, your Playbook messages will still appear on your site if they are on. “Advanced targeting settings” are also only available on paid plans.
- The pre-made Online and Offline Welcome Message Playbooks will also be defaulted to ON. You can view the playbooks and turn them OFF manually by clicking on your Playbooks tab in your left sidebar, or click here.
- To turn playbooks ON or OFF, you can hover over the playbook, click on the (...) "Actions" option, and select Turn on playbook or Turn off playbook.
- Your individual Agent Status will be defaulted to Available. To turn your agent status to Away, select the circle avatar in the lower left hand corner and toggle the blue switch off.
On a Paid Plan:
- There should be NO visible changes to your site. The Drift Widget Icon will be defaulted to OFF, and the Online and Offline Welcome Message Playbooks will also be defaulted to OFF. Something should only appear on your website when you adjust these settings in the app.
- To adjust the language in your messages, or to turn the Widget/Playbooks ON, you should follow the directions outlined above in the Free Plan section.
Notes for All Plans:
- If you've completed the Drift onboarding steps to set up your Drift Account (example of first onboarding step is below), you have the option to edit those from your Drift Settings.
- How Should You Greet Visitors?
- Where Do You Work?
- Edit your Company and Company Website here. (Settings>Organization Settings>Company Details)
- How Should Drift Look?
- Edit your color theme, icon, or other display settings here. (Settings>App Settings>Drift Widget>Design)
- Edit your online and offline Welcome Message Playbooks here.
- Edit your online and offline Default Greetings here.
- See our Video or Read our Article on the difference between Default Greetings and Welcome Messages
- Check out other Articles on Getting Started With Drift
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org