If you’re anything like us, you spend a lot of your day in Slack and want to get it set up. Check out the video below to see how to do this, or; read on below the video for more intel!
Connect Drift and Slack to:
- Monitor, optimize, and report on Drift’s performance: See quick insights across the entire funnel, from conversations and emails captured to meetings booked and pipeline influenced.
- Get important updates pushed to you: We’ll send helpful notifications — for example, to users who’ve been routed into a chat — to ensure you and your team don’t miss a beat.
In this doc, we'll cover
The Slack integration is available on all Drift plans.
What can this integration do?
For Drift Admins:
- The new Drift homepage on Slack shows you key details about how Drift is performing, from conversations and emails captured to meetings booked and pipeline influenced.
- New meeting notifications keep you updated about new pipeline being generated through Drift.
- Digests of your key metrics get pushed to you in Slack — so you don’t have to go out of your way to check how Drift is performing.
For Drift Chat Users:
- Conversation notifications let you know when you’ve been added to a chat and need to respond.
The Drift > Slack Integration does NOT send you a notification for every message that comes through, you'll ONLY receive notifications for what we have listed above.
Setting up the Integration
Note: if your Slack workspace has restrictions on which apps can be installed, you may need a Slack Admin to approve the Drift Slack App before you can begin.
- Admin Users: in Drift, go to Settings > App Settings > Integrations > Slack. Or, click here!
- Chat Users: go to the Slack App Directory, search for the Drift App, and click Add to Slack. Or, click here!
Click Sign in with Slack and do the following in the modal that pops up:
- Sign in to your intended Slack workspace
- Authorize Drift to connect
From within Drift App Settings, here's what you should see:
Once you put in the name of your workspace, you'll be prompted to sign into that workspace with your Slack credentials. Click Authorize and after the permissions are accepted you're all done!