Target Accounts (Formerly known as Drift Prospector) helps salespeople be more productive by engaging with the right people at the right time. Target accounts automatically prioritizes specific accounts, centralizes insights on behavior across the buying team, and gives them an opportunity to follow up all from a single interface.
Targeted Accounts is available on every Drift Seat in our Premium, Advanced and Enterprise plans.
In this article, we'll go over how to:
- How to access Target Accounts
- What's in the Target Accounts area
- Setting notifications for Target Accounts lists
How to access Target Accounts
To access Target Accounts:
- Click on Activity
- Select All Accounts
- Select Accounts on the right hand side
What's in the Target Accounts area
On this page you'll see a stacked list of your most engaged accounts. From here, you'll see :
- Which Account has accessed your page
- The accounts most recent activity, the accounts engagement score
- what the accounts are engaging with
Recategorize this list by either clicking the drop down at the top of the columns or, filter the content on screen by clicking the filter icon on the top right hand side.
To view more details about your Targeted Accounts Engagement Score:
Hover your mouse over the targeted accounts engagement score icons.
For a deeper dive into what your account has been up to, you can click View All Activity to get a detailed history of that account.
By clicking View all Activity, you can view:
- Account Details including high level information about the company,
- Data that's syncing over from Salesforce
- An in depth look at the accounts engagement score
How is the Engagement Score Calculated?
The Engagement updates every 30 minutes, and the score prioritizes the accounts for you based on the their level of interest in your company. It is measured on a scale of 1 to 5 by assigning weighted point values to any activities performed on your site. The score is calculated based on the following activities in order of highest to lowest impact.
- Meetings Booked
- Conversations held
- Videos viewed (longer % viewed have a higher impact)
- High intent page visits
- Email clicks
- Email opens
Other factors we take into account include:
- Recency: Only activity from the last 2 weeks will impact score. For example, if an account showed activity > 2 weeks ago, they will be given a score of 0 flames. In addition, the score is significantly impacted by the recency of the activity that occurred
- Known vs unknown contacts: Conversations, video views, and site visits from known contacts count 2X more towards the score
While on this Target Account screen you can see:
- What contact visited your page
- Their role in the organization, their location, # of activities
- Last active time on your site
This information can be used to give insight into who is potentially involved in buying decisions and helps you define the buying committee giving you multiple avenues to break into a specific account.
When scrolling down, you'll see the Recent Activity. In this feed you'll see the most recent activity for each of the contacts.
To Filter the activity, click the filter icon to filter your activity by conversation, site visits, meetings booked, videos viewed, email clicks or email opens.
While viewing your Targeted Accounts activity, you can hover over each activity to access interaction shortcuts for your visitor.
From here you can, by clicking on the appropriate icon, you can:
- engage the visitor in a realtime conversation
- view the visitors contact page,
- connect with them on linkedin
- email the visitor
How to build your own Targeted Accounts list
To filter your target accounts, you'll first need to create a saved filter. To create a saved filter:
- Go to Activity
- Click Create saved filter
In the Pop up:
- Enter the name for the filter
- Set your preferences
- Select what you'd like to filter from the drop downs.
- Click Save
Once you have your filters created, you can access them by viewing the Your Saved Filters section on the left hand side of the Activities menu item.
In addition, you'll also find all your target account notifications by clicking on My Drift target account notifications.
Setting Notifications for Target Accounts lists
To enable push notifications and daily digest notifications for your Target Accounts lists:
- Click on Activity
- Hover over your list and click the "..."
- Click Manage notifications
- Set your preferences and click save
Any questions? Email us at email@example.com.