NOTE: This feature is available for Drift Email Bot customers only.
Having a robust and engaged audience list is an essential part of making your Email Bot campaign successful.
The main consideration when building your target audience is your overall campaign strategy.
- What is the purpose of your campaign?
- Is this a one-time campaign or an ongoing nurture?
- How will you maintain compliance with unsubscribes/opt-out?
- What is the CTA of each email in your campaign? (Remember this should be structured to prompt a yes/no/other response)
The specific prospect criteria that you build your list upon will be particular to your marketing operations and database setup.
Supported audience sources
- You can import your audience to Drift Email via your marketing platform integration (Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot, Eloqua), or using a CSV upload.
Static and dynamic lists
Drift Email Bot campaigns support both static and dynamic (“smart”) lists from supported integrations.
Since Email Bot campaigns are typically multi-email sequences, we recommend leveraging dynamic lists to ensure that your audience remains as targeted as possible even as the campaign progresses.
Before each send in the sequence, we check back against your audience list and are therefore able to accommodate any changes in campaign enrollments.
We recommend suppressing the following categories of prospects for most Email Bot campaigns:
- Current customers and/or partners
- Prospects who are actively being contacted by your Sales team and/or part of open opportunities
- Prospects who have been disqualified from your sales process
- Prospects who have unsubscribed from marketing communications
There will always be additional suppression criteria specific to your company and goals.
It is worth paying attention to and planning out the number of campaigns running simultaneously to prevent accidentally bombarding your prospects with too much communication. When running simultaneous campaigns, consider differences in tone, topic, and value propositions to ensure your sequences deliver a helpful and cohesive message to your audience. Check out the Drift Blog for more tips on driving value with conversational email!