At Drift, we recognize that as sales teams scale, it’s customary to have multiple reps involved in the sales process for a given account. In Salesforce, there may be an “Account Owner” set, as well as a custom field on every account like “BDR Owner”, “SDR Owner”, or “Account Manager”. To let all Drift users involved in the sales process get the most out of prospector, we support setting up the prospector view according to any of these account attributes.
- You are on a Premium+ plan, access to accounts features
- You have accounts syncing to Drift through our Salesforce integration or by CSV upload
Setting Up Your Accounts
Create Drift account properties. For details on adding properties to your Synced ABM list, check out this help doc here.
- You first need to ensure that Drift is configured with the properties for accounts that you want it to know about
- For example, if you would like all accounts in Drift to have a “BDR Owner” property, you need to create this new property in Drift first. You can do this by navigating to https://app.drift.com/accounts > Create Filter > Create new account property.
- When creating a new property, if you want the values of this property to be Drift users, you should select Team Member as the attribute type
- Next, give your property a name as you want it to show up in Drift. For example, "BDR Owner"
Once completed, this attribute will be available when setting up your accounts to sync to Drift.
Updating your Synced Accounts
This can be done through either CSV uploads or via a Salesforce account sync.
- If using CSV upload, the desired property needs to be present as a column in the uploaded CSV. For more details on how to upload CSV, check out this doc
- To get started syncing accounts from Salesforce, check out this doc
- Once you have accounts syncing, you may need to update the attributes you're mapping from Salesforce. You can find this configuration at https://app.drift.com/settings/salesforce/mapping/attributes (For more info on this, check out our help doc here)
Note: You'll want to ensure that the necessary Salesforce field (eg. BDR Owner) is mapped to the desired Drift attribute (eg. BDR Owner). Additionally, you may need to wait up to a day to see this new attribute reflected in Drift when using Salesforce.
Using The New Owner Attribute in Target Accounts
In the “Target accounts” or “Activity feed” view in prospector, you will now find this new attribute available to filter by when you click the “Filter” button on the page. You may need to clear any conflicting filters that are applied by default (eg. “Account Owner”). Once this filter is selected, you will see only accounts, or activity from accounts, with the selected attribute.