The SalesLoft Integration is available on the FY22 Premium plan and above.
Until now, it hasn’t been possible to meet customers where they are and create a seamless conversation from website to email. Drift's SalesLoft Integration helps:
- Identify more contacts in chat + account activity features
- Follow-up with abandoned website leads via the Drift Feed or chat inbox in 2 clicks
- View buyer activity in one place
- Increase website leads by creating personalized playbooks that target SalesLoft cadences
In this doc, we'll cover
Drift Insider Note:
Did you know we have a class on this topic over on Drift Insider? Check it out HERE
Connecting the Integration
In order to set up this integration, you must be a Drift Admin and a SalesLoft Admin.
To begin set up the Integration:
- Goto Settings > App Settings > Integrations > SalesLoft.
- Click Connect SalesLoft
- When prompted, sign in with your SalesLoft credentials.
You'll see an authorization modal from SalesLoft, then a confirmation state from Drift once the setup is complete.
Once connected, you'll start identifying all contacts that come to your website through a SalesLoft Cadence.
Utilizing the Outbound Welcome Message Playbook
A significant portion of your website traffic is driven by SalesLoft Cadences.
These buyers are pre-qualified by your outbound team, so instead of sending them through a qualification playbook, you can set up the Outbound Welcome Message Playbook to have the account owner greet them on the website + book a meeting instantly.
To do this:
- From the Playbooks page, select the Outbound Welcome Playbook.
- Follow through the on-screen steps to customize your message.
- Set your Playbook frequency and set an Outbound Session is true targeting condition.
- (Optional) Add any additional conditions you'd like!
Using SalesLoft and Drift:
Drive Real-Time Conversations With All Of Your SalesLoft Cadences
As the previous section describes, when a prospect clicks any link to your website from your SalesLoft cadence, they’ll be greeted with a personalized message from their sales rep. If that rep isn’t around, no problem—a bot can jump in and book a meeting for them!
To learn more about how to us the book a meeting skill, check out this help doc here.
Additionally, if you haven’t set up an Outbound Welcome Message playbook yet — or if they don’t match the additional targeting conditions you’ve set — the Drift Widget will still automatically identify the site visitor as your cadence recipient.
If the recipient’s email address matches an existing contact record within Drift, that data will be shown in the conversation view and their site activity will be attributed to that existing contact.
If a new Drift contact is being created, their email address will be included on that contact, helping you identify more of your site visitors — even if they’re in an incognito window or on a different device!
Follow Up With Your Prospects By Adding Them To Cadences Within Drift
For inbound reps responding to conversations in Drift, the SalesLoft integration will help identify contacts coming to your website, giving you a better understanding of who you’re talking to. With this integration, reps can also seamlessly follow-up with abandoned chats by adding those contacts to their SalesLoft cadences directly from the inbox using the /salesloft slash command.
For further info on slash commands, check out this help doc here.
For outbound reps focusing their time on high-value accounts and contacts, the SalesLoft integration enriches Drift’s activity feed by showing which contacts are members of your cadences. Similar to Drift’s chat inbox, reps can add contacts to cadences directly from the activity feed as well, enabling them to efficiently follow-up with new site visitors from their high-value accounts.
To do this:
- Go to Activity
- Click that Add to SalesLoft Cadence icon on the contact you'd like to add. (As seen below)
View All Account Activity In One Place
Whenever a SalesLoft contact of yours starts a Drift conversation, books a meeting, or views a Drift Video, that activity will be synced over into SalesLoft under their Person’s activity timeline as a Note. Now, when you’re crafting personalized emails from SalesLoft, you’ll have a more holistic view of that contact’s recent activity to lean on.
Important Things to Note:
- If you add a Drift contact to a SalesLoft cadence, and they don't exist in SalesLoft, Drift will create a new Person in SalesLoft with any enriched data from Drift ONLY if you are trying to add the contact in a SalesLoft cadence.
- If you have Drift connected to Salesforce and SalesLoft connected to Salesforce, contact records will not duplicate. Drift and SalesLoft will add to the existing contact.
- We will only create a contact in Drift from a SalesLoft cadence if the contact clicks on the link in the sequence that leads back to a website with Drift installed on it.
- Once SalesLoft and Drift are successfully connected, all users who have a Drift seat and a SalesLoft seat will have access to the integration.
The data Drift may sync to SalesLoft is listed below. Note, the data must be null as Drift does not have granular overwrite settings to SalesLoft:
In addition to the above data, Drift is also able to sync meeting events (meetings booked, cancelled, rescheduled,), video viewed events, and conversations started events.
Not using Drift yet? Get your free account here.