Some common mistakes include:
1. Using Outlook? Outlook emails can be put into quarantine if they don't meet approval for security. In order to prevent or fix this make sure to check your whitelist. Check out this doc for more information on how to prevent this.
2. Switching the host name and value (Required Data) fields. The Host, sometimes called "Name", is the drift-mail.[yourdomain].com field and the other data fields in the column below it.
3. Not realizing that your DNS provider auto-appends your domain name. To check if this might be the case, you can type the
nslookup command in a terminal and validate the response to make sure the domain was set up correctly. In the command-line, this would look like:
nslookup -q=TXT dftsp._domainkey.[yourdomain]
Here's an example of what that command would run and return if we can successfully verify you in Terminal:
Versus how it looks if your account settings are not properly set up with your DNS provider:
If this second situation occurs, please consult with your IT, because this means that the CNAME authentication information you provided for the three Hosts is incorrect.
4. When entering DKIM records into GoDaddy, do not append the domain to the host name as we suggest in our app. Please leave out the underlined section of the hostname then retry verification
5. For DNS Made Easy, they automatically append the domain to both the name and alias for CNAMEs. We do not accept in this format. As a workaround, place a period (".") at the end of the alias and the appended domain will disappear!