Personalization Tokens are available on Drift Premium, Advanced, and Enterprise plans.
In this article, we'll go over:
- What are Personalization Tokens
- Where to find Personalization Tokens
- How to use Personalization Tokens in bot Playbooks
- How to use Personalization Token in Email
What are Personalization Tokens?
When targeting prospects with messages on your website, personalization tokens allowing you to customize the messaging for prospects that come in through an outbound channel. Doing so allows the rep that started the conversation to continue the conversation when intent is highest using compelling language, i.e.
Hey MongoDB, we help companies in Software as a Service get more leads.
Hey there, we help companies in Software as a Service get more leads.
Where to find Personalization Tokens
Personalization tokens can be added to emails and playbooks anywhere that the below tag icon or a button that is labeled "Personalization" can be found.
How to Use Personalization Tokens in Bot playbooks
A common use for personalization tokens would be greeting a user by their first name if that attribute is known in Drift. Additional attributes can be found here.
To add a personalization token to a greeting in a playbook:
- In the bot flow of your Playbook builder, select your node.
- Click where you'd like the personalization token to show in the text editor.
- Click on the personalization icon.
- Select your token.
- Enter your default. (The default will be used when the token isn't available.)
How to Use Personalization Tokens in Email playbooks
Another common use of personalization tokens is often found in email playbooks. This allows Drift to autofill information into your campaign so you don't have to individually customize each email.
To use a personalization token in an email playbook:
- Go to playbooks
- Select email playbooks
- Select your playbook, or click Create email playbook if this is a new email playbook.
- On the Compose your emails field, click the Insert drop down
- Select Personalization
After selecting Personalization, you'll be given the option to search and select your personalization token, and enter your Default Value. If you need a list of attributes that can be used in your email playbooks, check out our list of attributes here.