Conversation Search and Alerts are available on the Premium, Advanced, and Enterprise FY22 plans.
In this article we'll go over:
- Searching for conversations
- How to use filters
- How to create saved searches
- Exporting your Results (Enterprise Only)
- How to receive notifications for saved searches
Searching for Conversations
Click the Conversation Search icon. Here you can use the search bar to type in the word or phrase you would like to search for. Clicking on any conversation will allow you to view the full transcript on this page, or you can click "View in live chat" to view the conversation in the conversation view.
How to use Filters
Click the Filter button to the right of the search bar to expand the filter menu. The dropdown on the left side of this menu allows you to pick what you would like to search by while the dropdown on the right allows you to get more specific based on the first option you picked.
There are six options you can filter by:
- AI Topic - AI will search through your conversations and suggest the most common topics that site visitors are talking about. This filter is only available for users on the Drift FY22 Advanced and Enterprise plans.
- Playbook name - This will show you all the conversations from the selected playbook that fall in the date range you are filtering for.
- Teammate who responded - This will allow you to filter conversations based on the rep who responded to the chat.
- CQL Ratings - Shows you conversations that match the CQL you select in the filter.
- Conversation outcome - Allows you to filter for conversations that either had a email capture, meeting booked, or phone number captured.
- Tags - Allows you to filter conversations by conversation tags.
Exporting your Results
If you are on the Drift FY22 Enterprise plan you have the ability to export your search results. Simply click the "Export Results" button at the top of the page to have a CSV of your search results emailed to you. At this time there is an export limit of 10,000 rows.
How to create Saved Searches
Once you create a filter you have the ability to save it as a saved search for later use. After you're set your filter, simply click the Save Search button to save your search!
Once you save a search, you will see "Your saved searches"appear on the left side of the screen so you can easily access any saved searches you've created.
How to Receive Notifications for Saved Searches
While creating a saved search you have the option of selecting whether or not you want to be notified via email whenever conversations match your saved search filter. Simply chose how often you would like to be notified (if at all) while creating your filter and click create to save your filter.
Things to note about the notifications:
- You can only set alerts up for yourself - each team member will have to set up their own alerts.
- This is only available for users set up as an Admin.
- You are able to edit the alert/saved search after it's been created, without needing to recreate it.
To ensure you're receiving notifications, make sure email@example.com isn't filtered to your junk folder. Notifications roll out at the following time:
Daily emails: 9am EST
Weekly: 9am EST on Monday
- At this time there is a max limit of ten "As it happens" alerts per Drift instance.