A key part of setting up Drift is setting up your account notifications! We'll show you how to enable or disable these for your browser, mobile device, email, and Chrome extension.
- Finding Notification Settings
- Basic Notification Settings
- Target Account Notifications
- Advanced Notification Settings
- Chrome Extension Notifications
- Best Practices
All notifications settings, with the exception of Target Account notifications, are available on all Drift plans.
Drift Insider Note:
Did you know we have a class on this topic over on Drift Insider? Check it out HERE
Setting Up Your Notification Settings
There are different notifications settings that you can choose depending on your needs and how involved you want to be with the Drift app. You can change your notifications by clicking your profile icon > Notifications.
Target Account notifications are available with ABM and our Premium plan. Outreach notifications are available on the Pro plan, provided you've integrated with Outreach.
Setting Up Basic Notifications
We recommend All conversations if you're just starting out with Drift or a sole user, and we recommend Only conversations I'm in if you're on a team that's utilizing routing with higher volume of conversations.
If you'd like to receive chat notifications to your email you can enable this setting where you set your chat notifications. We will only send email notifications to your inbox every fifteen minutes so as to not flood your inbox with emails about every message that comes through the chat.
Setting Up Notifications for Target Accounts
For users on the Premium or Enterprise plan who are the owners of target accounts in Drift, you can elect to be notified when your target accounts are on your website.
This feature requires Account Based Marketing.
If you're interested in this, you might also want to explore the Drift Chrome Extension.
Other Notification Settings
Towards the bottom of the notification menu are settings that allow you more granular control, including the ability to send desktop notifications with or without sound, be notified when contacts change their lead stage and the option to test your notifications.
The changed lead stage notification is useful to engage with clients or prospects whenever they reach a goal in your playbooks that automatically changes their lead stage or whenever someone on your team changes their lead stage manually. For more information on Lead Stages check out the Lead Stage Classification Help Doc.
For Admins, you can also elect into additional email notifications for metrics and integrations, including sync errors for connected apps. Supported integration for error notifications are currently Salesforce, Marketo, HubSpot, and Eloqua.
Sound & Appearance
This section allows you to configure the sound of your notifications as well as how you would like the notifications to behave on screen.
Here you can send test notifications to both your desktop and email as well as find links to documentation to help walk you through the troubleshooting process!
For further info on troubleshooting notifications, check out our doc here.
Managing Notifications for the Chrome Extension
Through the Drift extension you can get notifications when prospects open and click your emails, visit pages on your site and when they start a conversation. Head over your chrome extension and click the Settings gear icon, then click Manage notifications.
You can configure notifications for people who
- visited your site (contacts you've followed within the Drift app)
- clicked a tracked link in an email you've sent through Drift or the Chrome Extension
- opened your email
Turn on all the notifications you consider are important for your personal sales and marketing strategies or workflow!
Notification Best Practices
- The Drift extension works like Xray vision into your sales funnel. It empowers you to know the second a followed prospect visits your site, opened your email or clicks a tracked link in one of your sales or marketing email. To learn more about the Chrome Extension, read the doc here.
- Install the mobile app iPhone or Android and make sure to receive phone notifications when one of your accounts is on the site.
- Turn on notifications for conversations you're routed into, so that when your calendar is dropped in a conversation, you can hop right into the chat if you'd like!
- Use browser notifications as your main source of notifications to see the most success and mobile notifications as a source of notifications on the go and for target account visitors!
- For target accounts, work with your Admin to make sure your accounts are set up to be owned by you and a workflow to mark when they land on site or you connect with them!
- Set notifications for conversations you're a participant in only. If there's always someone monitoring incoming chats in the app, there's no need to be notified whenever any new conversation is started.