Drift Email Signatures
The Drift Email Signature is an easy way to automate making your email communication look personalized, on-brand, and polished. Your signature on Emails through Drift Email Playbooks and the Chrome extension are fully customizable. Here’s a quick how-to guide along including:
- Where to customize your Email Signature
- Where you can use the Email Signature
- Customization Options
- How to Use your Signature in Gmail and the Email Playbooks
Email signatures are available on all Drift plans.
Check out how the Drift team's signature looks below:
1. Where to Customize Your Signature
First, navigate to your personal settings by clicking on your avatar in the lower left, then My Settings > Email > Email Signature.
When you click and expand the Email Signature Settings, you will see two types of email signatures. First, the Drift Email signature, and second the Gmail signature, listed as Connected Account.
Confused about what the distinction is? Keep on reading.
2. Where you can use the Drift Email Signature
The Drift Email Signature: This is the signature that will show when you compose a new email from within app.drift.com. Specifically, the Drift Email Signature will show in Triggered Email Playbooks.
The Gmail Signature: This signature automatically populates at the end of your mails sent from within your Gmail account, as soon as you start composing an email.
- This is a team-wide signature (see the example with banners above) that cannot be edited except by your admin.
If you are an Admin: For more info on how to set up your Signature Playbook, click here.
3. Customization Options
When you customize a Drift Signature, you'll be changing or adding onto the Default signature template that was created by your admin.
- Undo and Redo actions
- Change font type
- Bold and Italicize text
- Create numbered or bulleted lists
- Left, Center, or Right align
- Insert a hyperlink or an image
- Insert a link with any text. For example, at Drift we insert links directly to scheduling meeting types our Drift profiles, as well as the blog.
- Insert a calendar link
- Add more margin space around your signature (see below)
4. Use your Drift Signature in Gmail emails and Email Playbooks
For Gmail Emails
If you don't have the Drift Chrome Extension installed yet, you can find it here. Once you're set up with that and have already customized your signature to your liking, there are just two steps to start using it.
First, go to your Drift Chrome Extension Settings:
Second, scroll down to the ON/OFF switch and choose whether you would like to insert the signature for emails just when you first compose them, or for all replies.
For Email Playbooks
Now with this signature saved, you can quickly insert it into any email playbook. Just click on the “Drift” dropdown menu, select “Email Signature,” and it’ll get dropped right in as a purple personalization token (see the picture below). If you click to preview the email, then you can see how exactly your signature will be rendered according to your customization.
If you're interested in learning more about other personalization tokens similar to