Drift’s Marketo integration does the following core things:
- When a contact is identified in Drift, a lead is created in Marketo
- Anytime a contact has a new conversation in Drift, that will be logged as an activity on the lead in Marketo
- To set up the integration, you'll first need to connect your account. For documentation, check out this article about How to Connect your Marketo Account to Drift.
- To send activities, you'll first need to create Custom Activities within Marketo for each activity to send from Drift. Here's how to setup each activity:
When a contact is identified in Drift, a lead is created in Marketo. Leads are created once the contact has provided an email. We will also identify existing leads based on their Munchkin cookie.
You also have the ability to connect Drift to your Marketo Programs so that your leads captured via Drift will transfer into a Marketo Program.
You also have the ability to sync your leads to Marketo via your bot playbooks, we have a dedicated help doc here that dives deeper into this.
When you enable the Marketo Munchkin Cookie in your account, this will allow Drift to recognize your Marketo contacts on your site! You can toggle on the munchkin cookie here.
Other Marketo Articles:
- Marketo Integration
- Marketo Integration - New Conversation Activity
- Marketo Integration - New Meeting Activity
- Marketo Integration - New CQL Score Activity
- Marketo Integration - Connect Your Account
- Marketo Integration - Connecting Programs and Playbooks